OPEN CALL FOR SWEDISH PROJECTS!
CircusNext is a European platform for emerging authors in the field of contemporary circus. It is the only circus project selected for the Creative Europe Platform program 2017-2021.
With 18 members from 12 European countries, a renewed ambition to identify singular emerging creators, the will to program them in Europe and beyond – CircusNext is much more than a project. It is a way to imagine and together support the growth of European contemporary circus.
A European application process will be conducted twice during the 2017-2021 period, with a number of artistic projects selected. Those selected are provided with financial support, residency programmes, coaching and workshops, extensive marketing assistance and partnerships in international networks.
Subtopia is a member of the platform and serving in the selection committee. The committee includes representatives from key circus centres and circus festivals in Europe, as well as experienced artists from the circus field.
CircusNext Platform 2017-2021 now launches its first call for new projects!
The selection is made in three phases:
1. Each country sets up its own national selection process, meaning a first selection will be held per region. For Sweden, Subtopia is the responsible organisation. A selection committee consisting of Kiki Muukkonen, Olle Strandberg and Viktoria Dalborg will select two Swedish projects. These projects are thereby eligible to apply for the European selection.
2. The European selection committee will assess 24 projects (12 partner countries have selected 2 projects each for the selection). 12 projects will be welcomed to a ”pre-selection week” in Belgium, to present their projects.
3. Six projects (”laureates”) will be selected for support.
Deadline for applications from Sweden: 15 January 2018 at 15.00
* Read carefully the eligibility and emergence criteria here
* The only way to apply for the Swedish selection is by this application form here
* Send you application form (and other information) via wetransfer to kiki[at]subtopia.se
Members of CircusNext Platform
Circuscentrum (B), Espace Catastrophe (B), Circus Futures (UK), Cirqueon (CZ), Sarabanda (IT), Festival Circolo (NL), Subtopia (SE), Room 100 (HR), Cirkorama (HR), Cirkusfera (RS), Cirko (FI), Perspectives (DE), STAMP (DE), Centro Cultural Vila Flor (PT), La Brèche (FR), La Cascade (FR), La Grainerie (FR). Platform coordinator is Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe (FR).
CircusNext is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.Jeunes Talents Cirque is supported by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, the city of Paris, the regional council of Île de France, SACD and Institut Français.
Photo: Cie La Migration, one of the laureates of CircusNext 2015-2016 (c) Hippolyte Jacquottin